Figuring out some of the best travel and leisure family vacations is hard to do. Going on vacation with children, especially young children, can be a hassle. What is the easiest way of getting there, are there activities for everyone in the family, are there resources that allow you to be able to go off without the kids (if you’d want to) and is it reasonably priced?
Family vacation travel time is supposed to be a time of family bonding. Of doing things together and making memories while also staying on a budget and being safe. This list of top vacation spots will give you ideas on how to make your family travel vacations worthwhile.
1. Orlando, Florida – Orlando is known as the theme park capital of the world! Along with Disney World and Universal Studios (which houses the new Harry Potter theme park), there are also water parks and hotels with “beach pools” in this land locked city for everyone to enjoy a day on the beach. Disney World usually has deals for families no matter what time of the year it is. For great Orlando vacation package deals click here.
2. Cancun and Mayan Riviera – a two for one deal. The two are extremely accessible to one another; can easily make a day trip to whichever you don’t stay in. Cancun’s 25-kilometer Hotel Zone has shopping, dining, urban pleasures and beaches. Although very crowded, Cancun also has slightly more secluded areas like Club Med Cancun Yucatan on the end of a peninsula. The Mayan Riviera is a bit more low-key and has Mayan ruins, snorkeling and an Xcaret eco-theme park. Keep in mind the exchange rate.
3. Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts – If you are looking for wet family vacation travel, look no farther. Caribbean resorts have beaches, water sports and amazing kids clubs to give you some alone time.
4. Williamsburg, Virginia – Williamsburg is a secret treasure of the east coast that combines history with roller coasters! Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are two theme parks just outside the city. The city itself has actors and volunteers portraying people from over 200 years ago, bringing you back to an age right before the American Revolution.
5. Arizona – Usually overlooked for vacationers by its neighboring states of California and Nevada, Arizona offers just as much for family vacation travel for half the price. Monument Valley, the Colorado River, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon are breathtaking natural beauties where the family can learn about the native Navajo as well as have exciting raft rides. There are also dude ranches and the Wild West for those young children who want to grow up to be a cowboy.
6. Myrtle Beach and South Carolina – Myrtle Beach is the most widely visited place in South Carolina. It borders 60 miles of beaches called the Great Strand. Although one of the most visited places in America, it is a budget and child-friendly place; many of the hotels have activities for children. Theme parks and a boardwalk add to the excitement of this small town city.
7. Hershey, Pennsylvania – “Chocolate Town, USA” is the home of Hersheypark, voted top amusement park by FamilyFun Magazine. If the aroma of chocolate is too much to handle, there is also the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park and the Hotel Hershey. The town is an affordable alternative to the more expensive Philadelphia which is only 90 minutes away and New York City which is three hours north.
8. Wisconsin Dells – This quant town of only 4,000 is the indoor water park capital of the world. Over 20 resorts have indoor water parks. Many also offer outdoor attractions in the summer.
9. Southern California Vacation Spots – The LA and San Diego area might be expensive, but is filled with great travel and leisure family vacations spots. Disney Land (which is much smaller than its counterpart in Florida) houses the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure parks. Legoland has rides, live shows and towns made up of millions of Lego blocks.
10. Oahu, Hawaii – Oahu has the best of two worlds; the upbeat exciting city of Waikiki on the southern end of the island, and the less developed quieter northern end of the 597 sq. mile island. The family can learn about American history at Pearl Harbor as well as explore the oceans by boat trips, dolphin shows, surf lessons and Atlantis submarine outings.