Have you booked your family holiday yet? How about for next year? With a myriad of supposed offers on the market and every European destination tipped to be the next holiday hotspot, the part where you have to book something can be the most daunting – especially when all you want to do is be on the beach with your loved ones.
Here are five top tips for beginning your family holiday search…
1. Find a one-stop-shop for all your holiday needs. There are several companies on the market that can take care of finding the perfect family package holiday, but do your research to find one with a good reputation.
2. Look out for special offers. So many deals on the market seem perfect on first glance, but then you see your proposed costs mount up once you start adding essentials such as airport parking. Many one-stop-shops will provide a range of offers to ensure every penny of your budget goes on your family’s happiness.
3. Get the best deal for cheap family travel insurance before you buy. You can find some fantastic deals on the market, so it’s best to compare costs. If you’re planning on multiple trips over 12 months, a multi-trip policy could save you even more money.
4. Join a club. Finding cheap family holidays can be a time-consuming and frustrating challenge, but you can make big savings by joining a travel club that provides discounts, avoids credit card surcharges and can bring details of the best offers to you.
5. Find the destination that suits your needs. Families aren’t exclusively made up of two point four children, so don’t be put off by the phrase ‘family holiday’. It doesn’t always mean ball-pits and Chris the Crocodile Clubs! From city-breaks and coastal treats to Murder Mystery Weekends and mini-cruises, the possibilities are endless and they needn’t be just for grown-ups.